Saturday, April 14, 2012

Goodbye to all that


 We reluctantly left Charleston on Thursday.  We spent the morning Wednesday poking around in some of the wonderful antique and curiosity shops on King Street.  I was thrilled to find a book we had as children: The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes, which I am pretty certain Anthony and Lucy will enjoy.  We have a great time reading and I can't wait!  This book was published by a Charleston woman whose father made up the story to tell her at bedtime.






A word about food: fun to eat and fun to photograph.  I overheard someone (who shall remain nameless) saying "Can you imagine all these people photographing their food??"  With the advent of camera in phones it's become kind of a hobby, I guess.  So I decided to take pictures of memorable meals and they have taken on a life of their own.  The food in Charleston has been pretty unforgettable.  So here's our lunch on our last day at the historic 82 Queen ~ shrimpngrits with fried green tomatoes and a scallop po'boy.  Mmmmm.




 We took a short boat tour of the harbor in the afternoon, nice in the cool breeze.  Ft. Sumpter was not much to look at so I am omitting photos, but here are a few images:


And finally, back to The Mustard Seed for another great dinner that says it all: shrimp potstickers, PEI mussels, sauteed spinach, and asparagus, cocoanut cake and Key Lime pie.  Whoo-doggies!


After our wonderful week, Mrs. B and I said goodbye at the airport, vowing not to let another 9 years (!) go by without getting together.  She flew off to Albuquerque and I drove back to Durham for the weekend with Barbara.

No comments: