Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October in Maine


What could be better than Maine on Columbus Day weekend?  Not much that I can think of.  I drove over on Friday to stay at the cozy, beautiful Yardarm Village Inn in Ogunquit. and want to say "Thank you" to innkeepers Scott and Beverly.

 I had a portrait session on Saturday afternoon on Wells Beach, so I spent the morning walking along the Marginal Way.  It's a mile long pedestrian path with fabulous view of Wells and Ogunquit with strategically placed benches where you can just sit and contemplate the blue Atlantic.  It was perfect weather (for me - about 60° and breezy).

After a long walk I went to The Cove Cafe for breakfast - how great is that?  A restaurant devoted to breakfast?  And yummy - I had a crab, spinach, cheddar and bacon omelet served by Lee the friendly waitperson.  Along with some tea and an On Point podcast, I could have sat at the counter all day!


After my session decided to visit Ferry Beach where my sister and I spent a few summer weeks when were were in junior high school. It brought back all the memories of fun and melodrama that go along with coed teenage summer camp.  These photos are for you, BK.


And my last jaunt in Maine was to Portland to see Felice Boucher, photographer extraordinaire before heading home.  I also want to congratulate Joe and Terry Luca.  They're the reason I got to hang out in Maine in the first place!  I took family portraits of their kids and grandkids while they were all together celebrating Joe and Terry's 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a pleasure to meet them all.

No comments: