Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Fun

Back from my trip to Virginia, I got a close up experience with the weird New England summer weather we've been having.  It has been raining, more or less, since mid May, then June and July have been tropical!  Hot and humid for long stretches - ugh!  My friends know I start dreading hot weather in March!

So, when Elizabeth suggested I take the kids to Circus Smirkus, I had a mixed reaction: I love circuses and knew the kids would be thrilled, but I could see myself fainting away under the hot tent... but Huzzah!  Thursday was one of the nicest summer days we've had in years.  High of 75°, blue sky with little clouds, nice breeze and, on top of everything else, we met our other granddaughter Emily and her friend Maddy in the ticket line.  She was there with her mom Rachel, so we all got to hang out, sit together and catch up.

The performers were just wonderful, daring acrobats and silly clowns - just what you want in a homegrown circus.


 Friday morning we went to The Fitness Edge where I take a water aerobics class (we call it "Bubble Class").  There has been so much rain that Anthony and Lucy have not been able to go to the pool in their development very often and they are water-starved!  They are good swimmers and 45 minutes just flies by.  They only splash in the pool when the "ladies" are at the other end.  Thanks to Renee Allen for these new photos!



No comments: