Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Anthony




This day was hard to imagine.

Anthony who has been in my heart since before he was born turns 30 years old today.

He has always been an original, quick and creative with deep feelings he articulated from about age 4.  The most morally courageous kid I can ever remember knowing, he has always made me so proud.

This photograph was taken when Anthony was 21 heading to Ireland for the first time with very little but his Uilleann bagpipes.  He reluctantly let me snap a photo before we drove to the airport.

I'll admit I did plague both my children with an ever present camera, but how else would I have had shots like this that make me smile and tear up at the same time?





Anthony is all grown up now, working hard, doesn't have his birthday off, alas.  He's still piping away whenever the chance arises, still shares a lot with me and Ed.

He lives on the other side of the state so we don't see him as much as we'd like, but, hey - he could be on the West Coast, so I feel lucky indeed.

I love you, Anthony, and I hope this post doesn't drive you nuts!

No comments: